Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Starting Starting Over Over


I'm coming back to blogging! Yay!

But it's different now. I'm not looking for pity and I'm not wallowing in self loathing. Sure, I still hate myself sometimes, but who doesn't? And I still hate being personable sometimes, but so do you. So there. The point is, I'm back.

Why did I leave? I had to. I was asked to stop blogging by someone that I trust and am submitted to.

I'm not going to lie, I hated it at the time. But it was good for me. It helped me evaluate my motives. I'm the first to admit that I'm a bundle of contradictions and dysfunctions. The hiatus helped me sort out improper motivations like: pity, shock, repressed anger, adrenaline, etc...

It also helped me identify healthy motivations like: creativity, thoughtfulness, connecting, and adventure. For me the work has been to deal with the unhealthy issues while fighting for the potential to develop something that I genuinely love and feel gifted in.

Now, I'm thrilled to announce that I'm starting fresh with the provisional approval of the wise man I mentioned earlier. I've got one month to demonstrate that I can write for the right reasons.

So I'm starting with a total makeover. New approach. New title. New website. New goals. It's not just about me and my journey anymore. Sure I'll share lots of personal stories - I can't help it, I'm just that self centered. But I want to be more about exploring questions that nobody's asking. Digging in to angst that we all feel, but rarely admit.

Rather than making this a private journal that everyone can read, I want an interactive debate. I want people to challenge me. To disagree with one another. To offer wisdom.

We'll have fun. We'll be funny, irreverent, occasionally offensive, but certainly sincere. I have two goals:

1. I'd like to offer an engaging forum where we can explore life's questions, challenge our own paradigms, and revel in the fact that there is no such thing as a tidy answer.

2. I'd like to take a crack at becoming a full time blogger. If I could make a living writing I'd be pretty much the happiest guy in NY. Obviously that will take time, hard work, a little luck, and a LOT of help from my friends. People tell me blogging success comes down to a core of dedicated followers who regularly chime in, retweet, spread the word, and all that crazy social networking stuff.

So, without further ado, I want to introduce you to my new blog:

Frequently Unasked Questions!

www.fuquestions.com

Tell me what you think! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, part of me will miss the wallowing. But I'm sure I'll like this better :) I tend to have an opinion on everything and can't wait for an open forum to spill it on. Thanks for providing one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUQuestions - now that's a provocative name. I assume the double entendre was intentional.

    If not then I will label it a legitimate Freudian slip.

    ha- seriously, actually LOL'd and said "no he didn't" I can see the t-shirt design now:

    "FU?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad to see you back. One of the things I've most appreciated about your blog is the (sometimes painful) honesty. It's a trait too often lacking in our Christian culture. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

    ReplyDelete