|Checking out Christy's place in China, just before her flight.|
Yesterday's post included 7 of 14 verbal snapshots for Dani and me over the last twelve months. In vague chronological order, here are the other 7... :)
7. In January my friend Toby asked if I'd ever come back to Campus Target. I was too shocked to answer seriously but I shook my head and mumbled, "You’re kidding, right?"
6. From January to April I lost almost 40 pounds, and from April to October I gained almost 15. My net loss is around 25 but I'm trying to trend back down before the holidays.
5. From February to June I completed a Life Coaching course, generated half a dozen business ideas, and pestered Dani with incessant brainstorms about my personal mission, vision, and values.
4. On April 1st we moved to downtown Rochester to become cool city folk, and to be closer to U of R for Dani’s school. We immediately sampled every Vietnamese noodle shop in a five mile radius. Done and done.
2. I worked my last day of construction on July 31st and immediately began helping with Ethnos. During August I met one-on-one with the 21 CT workers who were there when I hit the wall in 2010. It was a special chance for me to apologize and for them to talk with me individually. I thought it’d be painful, but they overwhelmed me with love and excitement.
1. On September 5, 2012 Dani sported a cute new outfit and zipped over to her first day at the U of R. That same morning, I slipped into my green “Young, Single, Available” shirt and drove, staring at the clouds and fighting back tears, to my first day back with Campus Target. I got a desk and a giant Welcome Back card; Dani got a TON of homework.
Crazy story, right?!
Next week I'll post a few letters written specifically to two different audiences: Those who enjoyed my blogs in 2010 and 2011, and those who did not enjoy my blogs in 2010 and 2011. If you fall into one of those categories, the letters might answer a few questions. Also, feel free to send me an email, Facebook message, or comment below! :)